FIRST AID AT WORK
It is the only course which once completed, allows successful students to be used as ‘First Aiders’ in the work place, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. The course is run in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations Act 1981.
The course can be tailored and adapted to suit a particular work group or environment. It is ideally suited to businesses that are deemed to be ‘lower risk’ in line with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations. The training is delivered by one of our professional team. All of our trainers are experienced healthcare professionals, most carrying a minimum of paramedic status.
This course can be fully tailored or adapted to best suit a particular workplace or environment.
The First Aid at Work course is run over three days and includes both theory and practical sessions. The course can be run over non consecutive days for anything up to ten weeks, but this needs to be arranged in advance.
All students attending this course will be independently assessed on the final afternoon of the course. Having been assessed successfully, students are certified for 3 years.
The syllabus includes:
The role of the first aider
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Unconscious Casualty Care
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning
- Anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence of major illnesses and provide appropriate first aid, including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes
The cost to run this course at your venue at a time of your choosing is £1,375.00 + VAT for up to 12 students.View all Courses